Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Beer Festivals 2010

It's time to replace that out-of-date calendar with a brand spanking new 2010 and fill it with the deets of all of the things we want to do, see and experience in the coming months. I for one am in the process of planning a trip abroad (back to my home state of Vermont!), mapping out a planting schedule for my garden, figuring out the dates of my stepson's spring and summer breaks and jotting down a lengthy list of all of the beer festivals I'd love to get to between now and the end of the year. Unfortunately for me, I've already missed a couple 2010 festivals that I will make a point of visiting in early 2011. For now, here are a few Must Get To and a few unobscure festivals to which I'd like to draw your attention.

Great Britain Beer Festivals

The Great British Beer Festival, 3-7 August, 2010
National Cask Ale Week, 29th March - 5th April, 2010

       CAMRA lists an impressive list of sponsored festivals that are delicious and fun!

We will be heading out to at least one per month for the rest of the year including:


North American Beer Festivals of Note
(I have a limited number of North American beer festival experience. Therefore, if you  know of any that should be listed, please make a comment to this post so you can share it with everyone. -Thanks!)
American Craft Beer Fest, 18-19 June, 2010
Ohio Brew Week, 11-17 July, 2010

Vermont Brewers Festival, 16-17 July, 2010

Winter Beer Festivals I'd Love to Make in 2011
Extreme Beer Fest, Boston Massachusetts
Chappel Winter Beer Festival, Chappel & Wakes Colne Station, Marks Tey

5 comments:

  1. You missed Alefest. They move it around the Midwest.

    Here's the link: Not sure you can put html here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Dr. K!
    Alefest! The link (yes, links do work when you leave a comment) looks great. I hate missing great beer events! So, do they keep it in the Ohio area of the midwest?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never know, you just may get a really good deal on a flight to wherever your next beer festival is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's out of Dayton. They move it around some. But, usually have a couple in Ohio each year.

    And, don't forget Dark Lord's Day Went last year with Nihar. Too many men in kilts for me, though.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...