Monday, April 12, 2010

April Liquid Bread Review

One of my favorite combination of flavors comes from a fruit and rum cake I make each Christmas. The rich flavors of dark molasses, dried fruits, nuts and rum are combined to make one of my favorite cakes. One of the reasons I love Adnams Broadside so much is that it reminds me of this cake. 
I'll never forget the first time I had this bitter ale. I was at a pub in Long Melford, Suffolk, England. I already knew I preferred Adnams to other larger brewery ales but I was more than surprised at the intensity of the rich flavors of this particular brew. 

Adnams Broadside is 4.7% abv. You can find this by the bottle at Tesco or Sainsburys, in specialty stores throughout the US or, if you are lucky enough to live nearby Southwold or an Adnams Cellar & Kitchen Store, you can even order 5 liter
mini casks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...