Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day. Whether you want it to or not, this day inspires us to love. Red, pink, white, flowers, hearts, champagne, chocolate: They're all there, all of the aphrodisiacs, just glaring at you, begging you to love.

And when I say 'loving someone' I don't necessarily mean a sweetheart. I have very fond memories of making dinner reservations for me and some of my girlfriends, enjoying an amazing meal, giving each other flowers and just enjoying the evening. Undoubtedly we had at least as much fun, if not more,  at our brightly lit table as all of the lovers dining at the candlelit tables set for two. We were surrounded by love. How couldn't you have fun!


My husband and I swore we were not going to spend time worrying about what to do for Valentine's Day. We were going to go to dinner, then decided against that and to just go for a walk and to stop at the pub for a drink, then we agreed - nothing. Why bother?

As it turned out, we had a spectacular spontaneous Valentine's Day Weekend making cookies, dinner and enjoying each other's company in the privacy of our home.



And to show me how much he cares, he made me these...

Patriotic Cookies!!! 

He knows how much I miss and love home and how much he loves his home so he made these amazing cookies in the likeness of our nations' flags!

So, this is just a shout out to all of my favorite people (you know who you are!) and my way of wishing you all a special Valentine's Day! If you're not with the one you love, love the one you live... and I mean in an innocent way! ;)

Love to you all!

Gina

3 comments:

  1. love the patriotic cookies Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day! You have a very thoughtful husband. I hope you saved a few to eat today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cookies were very tasty and we have saved the patriotic cookies for a special treat this week. I mean, honestly, how many cookies can one girl eat?! ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...